$2,060,000: 265 Molino Ave., Mill Valley
Mill Valley house – trust sale: $2.06M
265 Molino Ave., Mill Valley
Days on the market
Offers secured, within 9 days
Days to close of escrow
This beautiful, custom-built home had been neglected for two years when the famous physician/owner fell terminally ill. This trust administration sale required a very gentle and understanding approach in working with the trustee, along with a customized sales strategy that honored the superior quality of the home’s construction, style and features.
The trustee was under pressure to sell the home quickly and distribute the proceeds to a number of beneficiaries. Competing homes sold in an average of 117 days, and many homes in the area were withdrawn from the market with no sale.
The marginal benefits analysis Craig prepared projected a return of 260% on funds invested in preparing the home for sale.
Upgrades he recommended and the trustee secured agreement for included:
- Bring in a high-end stager who was sensitive to the delicate position of the trustee
- Return the garden, landscaping and exterior to its original glory for a ‘celebration of life’ ceremony for international guests
- Remove the illegal kitchen downstairs and navigate the city’s resale inspection guidelines
- Convert the shed to an artist’s studio
- Source and install matching granite in the kitchen where necessary
See how Craig presented the home here: www.265molino.com